Part one of this lesson shows us that seasons come and go in four forms. And every season has its purpose of specific manifestation. Therefore, we looked at the meaning of the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenant and who were the Israelites.
Once, more wealth comes from God because He gives us the ability to get it, according to Deuteronomy 8:18, But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God for it is he that giveth thee the power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.”
The season of favor for wealth deals with five phases. These phases are, Hearkening diligently to the voice of God; Keep God’s commandments, Walking in the ways of God, Staying in His word and Not serving other gods. Following these phases or principles of wealth in this season we know that God will release wealth to us.
According to Deuteronomy 28 there are particular privileges which the faithful shall receive that are mentioned in verse 7-14. So in order to find out about these seasonal blessings, we have to focus on what Moses elaborated in verse 7-14 and these blessing is promised, upon condition that they/we diligently hearken to the voice of God. And there are several conditions of God for our blessings in this time of season of favor for wealth for us to follow. These are the conditions:
1. Hearkening diligently to the voice of god (verse 1 & 13)
Notice that it says, ‘If you shall hearken’ diligently to my voice the Hebrew word Hearken and diligently is pronounced the same way and has the same meaning, the Hebrew there is ‘shama’ and means, to hear, obey, consider and or listen or understand.
The blessings which God pronounces on the obedient stems from us hearkening to his voice, and this will bring the blessings are mentioned in verse 3-8. He said that blessed shall you be: An obedient Israel would be blessed everywhere:
- In the city . . . in the country . . . when you come in . . . when you go out.
- An obedient Israel would be blessed in their homes and in their farms, and in their kitchens (the fruit of your body . . . the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds . . . Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
2. Keeping God’s commandments (verse 9 & 13)
Keeping God’s commandments put us into covenant with him, and with this covenant HE will give us the grace of steadfastness, Rom. 16:25-26 25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
It is during this time of hearing God’s voice and keeping his commandments that HE will make us receive these two promises which will give us dominion over others, they are;
1. ‘The head, and not the tail’
- The head signifies rulers and governors, and the tail the common people that are subjects.
- Which explains what is meant by head and tail, being uppermost and lowermost, as the head is the upper part, and the tail the lower part of a creature; the one is more honourable. Like in Isaiah 9:14-15, 14 Therefore the Lord will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.15 The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.
When you keep something it means that you preserve it, bodyguard it, maintain it, defend it, protect it and watchman it from being stolen or taken away from you. Once we keep God’s commandments he will keep his, in Psalms 105-8-9 God kept his promise.
3. Walking in the ways of god (verse 9b)
First of all the Lord is going to establish us as a holy people unto himself. We will be separated from all others, for his service, honour, and glory, and confirm all privileges. With this we will be able to way in the ways of God because his protection is going to be all over us. All this will happen, if we ‘walk in his ways’.
Now when you walk in the ways of God it means that you give up self, personal needs and other hindrances to follow God. It says walk in ‘His ways’ the Hebrew there is (deh'-rek) and means, His road, journey, manner, actions, acts, conduct, a curse of life or mode of action and moral character.
Because we walk in the ways of God, people will see that we are called by God and give us plenty in verse 10-12. Isaiah 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: For sure once we walk in his ways, the blessings of the Lord will fall us, because when Israel walked after the Lord, these blessings were real; one example of this is when the Queen of Sheba came to Solomon and saw a nation so blessed, she knew it had to be of God (1 Kings 10:1-13).
4. Staying in his word (verse 14)
Staying in God’s word will give us clarity of HIS voice, greater understanding of his word and deeper revelation. The Hebrew word aside there is ‘soor’ and means, call back, decline, depart, to turn off, lay away or leave undone.
By us remaining in the word of God, this will help us to be in the right place to receive what God has for us. The Psalmist says in:
- Psalms 119:10-11 10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments 11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- Psalms 119:105, 105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
5. Not serving other gods (verse 14)
This was one sin that Israel were most prone to, and God would be most displeased with. The Lord was telling them not to become slave to other gods because the Hebrew word there for serve is (‘aw-bad') and means, to become slaves, burdened, cultivate or worshipers of. In v.12, the Canaanites believed that Baal was the giver of dew and rain but God assured Israel that he controlled the heavens and would make their lands fruitful according to:
- Psalms 104:33 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind.
- & verse 13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
Remember that in this Season of Favor for Wealth we can only receive from God all these blessings listed in chapter 28 If we; Hearken to his voice, Keep his commandments, Walk in his ways, Stay in his word and Not serve other gods. Wait patiently on the Lord in this season and HE will grant you HIS wealth.